CLASE SEPTIMO - COMPARATIVES

CLASS 7TH - COMPARATIVES

VOCABULARY




DIALOGUE

Erik: Hey, how are you? Welcome to Kuraburi.
Helen: I’m very sleepy but it’s good to be here.
Jamie: How was your journey?
Helen: Long! It was longer than the journey between Ranong and Phuket.
Jamie: Where are you from?
Helen: Scotland. It’s a lot hotter in Thailand than in Scotland.
Jamie: Scotland is one of the coldest countries in Europe isn’t it?
Helen: No it’s not, but it is one of the wettest.
Erik: Is your family in Scotland?
Helen: Yes. I have two older sisters and one older brother, they all live in Scotland. My mother and father live in Scotland too.
Jamie: Do they all have red hair too?
Helen: No! They’ve all got dark hair, apart from my brother; he has the lightest hair in my family.
Erik: Well, are you feeling hungry?
Helen: A little bit.
Jamie: Would you like some food?
Erik: There are a few restaurants in Kuraburi, they all have good food.
Helen: Yes, that’d be great.
Jamie: those bags look heavy – can I carry one for you? 


LECTURE


The Football Game
Yesterday my brother and I went to see a football game. We watched our two favourite teams, the Eagles and the Hawks. It was the second week of the season and the day was much colder than the week before. We arrived at the stadium at 11:30 am, which is a little earlier than usual. We were excited because I love the Hawks and he loves the Eagles.  
The seats were good, but I wanted something closer to the field. However, we sat and enjoyed the game. Well, we enjoyed it until we started arguing. My brother and I both think our team is better than the other team. He always says to me that the Eagles are faster, stronger, and smarter than the Hawks. I never agree. On this day, he was wrong. The Hawks played a lot better than the Eagles. They looked stronger and tougher than the Eagles. The won by 15 points.
One thing I didn’t like was that the food and drinks were much more expensive than other places, and tasted much worse. I was surprised that a hot dog cost $7, which is more expensive than the $3 I pay outside the stadium. Also, the hot dog was smaller than normal hot dogs. So I was a little sad about my meal, but I planned to get something tastier after the game. 
Driving home I talked about how much better my team was than the Eagles. My brother was getting angry, and I noticed he was driving a lot faster than usual. We were lucky he didn’t crash. Finally he saw a police car so he started to drive slower.  We arrived home around 7:00 pm, which is later than normal. Usually we get home at about 6:00 pm. 
Overall, it was a great day. I love going to the game with my brother. Even though we argue, I wouldn’t want to watch the game with anyone else!


listening?

Comments

  1. YouTube: Video Tutorial for YouTube – Video
    ‎YouTube youtube to mp3 converter samsung · ‎YouTube · ‎youtube · ‎videos-videos-video-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos-videos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment