CLASE OCTAVO - PRESENT PERFECT

CLASS 7TH - PRESENT PERFECT

VOCABULARY



 DIALOGUE
 1.
A: How long have you owned that TV?
B: I’ve owned it since 1995.
A: And has it worked OK since you bought it?
B: Oh, yes. It’s worked very well since I bought it.
A: Mine has broken twice since 1998.
B: I haven’t had any trouble with my TV.
2.
A: How long have Bob and Chuck been barbers?
B: They’ve been barbers for seven years.
A: Seven years? That’s a long time.
B: Yes. They’ve always enjoyed cutting hair.
A: I haven’t had a hair cut in a long time.
B: No, you haven’t. I can tell. Your hair is too long.
3.
A: How many times has Julie traveled to Canada?
B: She’s traveled to Canada six times in the last few
years.
A: How many parks has she visited in Canada?
B: She’s visited several parks. I don’t know how many.
A: Has she ever been to Toronto?
B: Yes, she has. She’s been to Toronto two or three
times.
4.
A: Have you seen any interesting movies lately?
B: Yes, I have. I just saw “Crouching Tiger, Hidden
Dragon.”
A: And did you enjoy it?
B: Yes, I did. It’s one of the best movies I’ve ever seen.
A: I haven’t gone to the movies in a long time.
B: I know you haven’t. You’ve been very busy.
5.
A: The weather has been very cold recently.
B: Yes, it has. It hasn’t been warm for a while.
A: It’s been especially cold at night.
B: Yes, I know it has. I’ve needed to wear my flannel
pajamas.
A: I’ve had my heater on all night recently.
B: It has sometimes been very windy, too.
6.
A: Have you done the laundry yet?
B: No, I haven’t. I haven’t had enough time to do it.
A: Has Jack washed the windows yet?
B: No, he hasn’t. He’s been very busy lately.
A: Has little Jeff picked up his toys yet?
B: No, he hasn’t. He’s been at school all afternoon.
7.
A: Have you read the newspaper yet?
B: No, I haven’t had a chance to. Is there any important
news?
A: I don’t know because I haven’t read the paper yet
either.
B: I bet Sally has already read the paper today.
A: Let’s ask her if anything important has happened.
B: She’s read the paper every day for years.
8.
A: Has Tom interviewed the applicants yet?
B: No, he hasn’t interviewed all of them. He’s interviewing
them now.
A: Has he written the yearly report yet?
B: Almost, but he hasn’t finished it yet.
A: Has he telephoned the new client yet?
B: No, but he’s going to call her this afternoon.
9.
A: Have you met our new neighbors yet?
B: No, I haven’t. Have they already moved in?
A: Yes, they have. They’ve lived here since Saturday.
B: Has P.G.. and E. turned on their electricity?
A: Yes. They’ve had electricity since they moved in.
B: I haven’t seen their lights yet.
10.
A: Have you driven on the new freeway yet?
B: Not yet. How long has there been a new freeway?
A: There’s been a new freeway for a week.
B: Has there been much traffic on it so far?
A: No, there hasn’t been a lot of traffic so far.
B: There hasn’t been much publicity about the new
freeway.
11.
A: What countries have you visited in Europe so far?
B: We’ve visited France, Germany, and Italy.
A: Have you been to Greece yet?
B: No, we haven’t been to Greece yet.
A: I hope you’ve taken a lot of photographs.
B: Yes, we have. We’ve taken about fifty photos so far.


 LECTURE
 The Old Colonel
I think I have had a very interesting life. I'm 73 now and I don't work anymore. I was in the army for 51 years. I retired when I was 69. I have been to so many countries that I can't remember all of them. I've been to Australia six or seven times and to South Africa three times. I have also been once to Russia but I didn't like it at all: much too cold for me!
They say that love is the greatest thing and I agree. I've been married four times but never for more than five years. I don't think women really understand me!
I've never been on television, but I've been on the radio once. It was a programme about life in the military about twenty years ago. I met the Prime Minister on the same day. Actually, I've met a lot of famous people: members of the royal family, famous politicians and also famous cinema and television personalities. I've never met the American President though which is a pity.
Because I've travelled a lot, I've seen a lot of wonderful things and have also eaten and drunk some strange foods and drinks. I ate cat and rat in India and drank something called Mirto on a little island in Italy many years ago.

 

Comments